Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Great Clean-up~Day 1

OH what a dreary morning in SouthEast PA. I guess that is all the more reason to continue my spring cleaning journey. While the sun is shinning, it is cold again. Definitely not a garden day. SO on with the Great Spring Clean-up and Clean-Out.
*****************************
Day 1
I find the very first thing to do is gather inventory of all your cleaning supplies. If you prefer to clean "all natural" be sure to have plenty of vinegar, baking soda, and lemons on hand! If you prefer "chemical" supplies, be sure to have a variety of supplies!
Clean out every closet, cabinet, drawer, etc in your house. Dispose of anything you have not used or worn in the last year. You will be amazed at what you have cluttering your life. Don't just throw away usable items though. Consider having a yard sale. List it on Craig's List or Freecycle.org, or donate it to your local church or community outreach program. When it comes to your kitchen, if it is expired, get rid of it. Check out Good Housekeeping for 25 ideas to de-clutter.

See you tomorrow for Day 2 of the Great Clean-up
Happy Sorting!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Ah yes spring cleaning, I still have a long way to go, but I will check out the link you provided for tips, we can all use a few of those, and it's nice to find another school bus driver online. Please feel free to add your bus stories to

http://schoolbusdrivers.blogspot.com/

CMamaFishy said...

Hi Sue. Be sure to "Follow" my blog. I'll have to throw in some school bus stories....maybe my most imbarassing moment involving a bus...and it just happened back on Friday....more to come...I'll share, you'll get a good laugh.