Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fresh Idea

April 22, 2009 is Earth Day! Throughtout the month I will be posting Earth Friendly ideas and projects. The first is fresh ideas for old things! Unfortunately, I haven't made the transition from buying water in bottles to using a filter on my tap. Why...I'm not sure. It would save a bit of money if I did. However, aside from recycling our plastic water bottles, I have thought of some fresh ideas to reuse the plastic bottles.

*Make bird feeders.
*Cut the top off and use for your chidren's paint cups
*Mini Greenhouses to start seeds
*Hummingbird Feeders
*Start sprouts. Eating sprouts are healthier then eating the full grown vegetables.
*Cut off the top and decorate it to make a flower vse
*Add sand and put the cap back on to make hand weights
*After you harvest your herbs from the herb garden, hang them to dry and then store in a closed, dry soda bottle.
*Fishing season is just around the corner. Use a bottle as a bait container! This one is for my husband!
*Refill with water and put the lid on, then freeze it for a ice pack in your cooler.
*Fill with warm water, wrap in a towel and use as a heat pack on sore muscles.

Please share your ideas!

No comments: